Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Loss of a family member and beloved Uncle!

My uncle Ray died this weekend at the wonderful age of 100 he almost made it to 101! But in these pictures he was 99 and joining us at the Haws family Reunion. Uncle Ray was my uncle by marriage to my Aunt Bonnie Mae, but he could not have been more family if he had been my dads brother. He always had a way with stories and entertaining us as children.Their Home was always a joy to go to. Small but filled with lots of LOVE.
He is now in the best of all family reunions .... In Heaven with his beloved wife Bonnie Mae. and second wife Francis who was friends with my Aunt and Uncle for years with her husband. francis was buried acouple of years ago also by her beloved first husband. Uncle Ray was buried at Ebenezer Cemetery , which is 18 miles just out of Arp, Texas where my dad was born, which is 18 miles southeast of Tyler Texas. My Grandparents are also buried there as well as some family members I know little about.

Uncle Ray will also be missed by all of his many GGGgrandkids down to his own grown children. He was such a happy and artistic person also but so was Aunt Bonnie and all the kids. I will never forget the trip to Dallas where mom and I got invited to his workshop for the first time where he made knives, cookie sheets , and all sorts of things, that is when I fell in love with his tools and the workshop. He helped me make a silver spoon ring which was all the rage in that time frame. And I wore it proudly for years, until it was taken when our house was burglarized in the 80's. But I still have my stainless cookie sheets he gave me when I first married Jeff. and they hold up so good compared to any you can buy today.

Uncle Ray will be missed on this earthly place , But I wish I was there when the Big Family Reunion took place up in my Heavenly Fathers Realm.
May god Bless your paths as wonderful people like my uncle pass your way, and may they make you smile as he did when he was around.
Denise




No comments: